Tuesday, 23 August 2011

Here Goes!

Welcome to my new blog and to the very first post. For the past year I have been studying with the Society of Botanical Artists for their Distance Learning Diploma. I have found the botanical style of painting very different to what I had been used to as a graphic designer and general watercolourist and a new challenge from the day job as a teacher.

The production of a sketchbook has been particularly interesting for me as over time my progression and development of style has changed dramatically.This has been reflected in those all important marks that will eventually lead to a final grade, a bit like being one of my own students .  Each assignment needs careful planning and the sketchbook provides the opportunity to try out new ideas for subjects and compositions.   Thinking others might like to share my experience and the art and artists that inspire my work, Sketchbook Squirrel was created. 

 www.soc-botanical-artists.org