Thursday, 25 August 2011

What to do when it rains?

In England, well let's be accurate, in Hampshire, when it rains it really rains and today is one of those days. What does a painter do when such a day is presented to them. Well, this one takes to the studio, (my spare room actually) and has a rummage through the vast collection of art books that are currently putting the shelves under serious strain. So much so that 'husband' is seriously concerned that some scaffolding may be required. 

Trying to appear as if I may actually edit my collection (not on your nelly!!) I have begun to sort them into some kind of ordered library. This is all well and good, and you know what they say about good intentions but I always end up getting back into the covers of a really good book that I haven't visited for ages. Before you know it an hour, (or two) has gone by and you are buried under a pile of books.

Some of my favourites are years old and very precious. These are not even expensive numbers but ones that I have picked up in Oxfam for an absolute song!! For your delectation, I have listed some of the books in current use in the Recommended Reading page. Take a look whilst I go back to the heap I have created, if I can get through the door that is.       

No comments: