Thursday, 1 September 2011

Sketchbook heaven

The arrival of stuff in the post is a bit like Christmas. A package arrives, all carefully wrapped and when you open it, oh joy. The crisp new pages of a brand new sketchbook, invitingly waiting to be filled with a myriad of colours is quite exciting. Such was my joy when the postie arrived with my latest order. Two Winsor and Newton hardbacked, A4 wire-o sketchbooks are now sitting on my desk, and I couldn't be happier. It is my view that when you have the right book good things go into them. When it's something you are not happy with, you do not do your best work.


       
As well as getting giddy over new stuff, I have also been rummaging through my existing kit, thinking it might be a good idea to renew some of my worn out brushes and nearly empty tubes of paint. A bit like the books, many artist's have their favourites and although I am only a student and therefore have only been at this for a short time, I do have a few things in my kit that I would not part with or change and woe-betide any manufaturer that decides to 'discontinue' one of my faves. 





Meanwhile, out in the garden I am disappointed with the 'Bishop of Llandaff' Dahlia's I planted earlier this year, which had come into bloom early and now point blank refuse to produce any more flowers. Nature is such a pain when it doesn't play ball as I had really wanted to paint this gorgeous plant for one of the rooms in my house.

Feast your eyes on this beauty from Anglia Bulbs  

At least there are some nice apples to munch on whilst lamenting my loss.
.     

No comments: