Monday, 5 December 2011

Feeling Festive?

Knitting is one of those hobbies that when you are sixteen you really don't want your friends to know about. It has that old-worldy fragrance about it which invites giggles and funny looks that tends to render the young, nervous knitter to silence when talk of spare time comes around. Thank goodness I am not sixteen anymore, (30 something in case you were wondering) and I can shout loud and proud that 'I am a Knitter', (getting there anyway).

Taking a break from the assignments and deadlines of the SBA course has allowed me to luxuriate in the extra time I now have and focus on other projects. Along with the 30/30 leaf challenge and my other painting projects that are under way, I have been knitting. Not just anything but Reindeer. Reindeer!!! Yes indeed, this little fellow rather caught my eye some time ago and I thought he would look really cute standing watch in the portch of our new house to welcome visitors and, of course, postie.

Everyone's Favourite, Rudolph! by Alan Dart

Not that I am going to make a habit of making knitted toys, my usual favourites are rather more sleek, vintage affairs for myself, but there is no stopping it now as others have now asked for me to make them one of these . Funny how things come around and all of a sudden knitting is cool!!


2 comments:

Rebecca said...

Oh, your reindeer is so adorable! I've always wanted to learn to knit but never have...Now, that really would be a great hobby this winter when the temps are so frigid outside. I'm looking forward to seeing more of these projects. Hope you're having a lovely day across the pond. :)

Sketchbook Squirrel said...

Hi Rebecca, glad you like him. Apart from all the little bits that needed making, it was really easy to put together. Go to www.alandart.co.uk to give him a go.:)