Friday, 9 December 2011

Seeing Green!

And the green goes on, and on, and on. The Dreaded Ivy continues apace and I am quite pleased with the overal effect. Holly would have been more traditional and I was a bit miffed that I couldn't find any with berries. However, all in all the rose hips do add that seasonal feel and as this piece will be a gift for Christmas, I couldn't wait any longer for the holly. As it is I think the paint will still be drying when I wrap it!!  

More layers of green have been layed on to create depth to the leaves Here I have deployed Indanthrene Blue in the mixes again, as it is so versatile and behaves itself really well. All to do now is to finish the main branch and define the veins a bit more, although I would like to keep the ivy a little less 'finished' than usual for a botanical piece. Hurrah! finished.


All done


1 comment:

MILLY said...

It is looking good, there is a lovely sense of movement with the sweeping ivy and the dancing leaves on the top of the rose hips. It is a lovely piece.