Monday, 12 March 2012

After Wisley C...?

Finally, after much to-doing and a broken freezer interrupting proceedings, Wisley C is finished! The way this one was going, I thought I was never going to get it done. Luckily, the plant itself is actually still flowering and looking better than ever, it's been a real star performer and I highly recommend it for any winter and early spring garden.

I am not sure if I am going to have time to fit in another project before I have to start work on Assignment 10 for the SBA but perhaps something small might fill the gap. There are some gorgeous dwarf narcissi coming into bloom in the garden and although it will be more yellow flowers, I am not sure if I can resist painting them any longer. But then again, those orchids are calling...




Cirrhosa 'Wisley Cream'
On reflection, a fully open flower showing the beautiful stamens
would have been lovely










  

5 comments:

Whispering Earth said...

Hi Jarnie, your work is so beautiful, thank you for sharing it. I just discovered your blog and look forward to admiring more of it!

Sketchbook Squirrel said...

Hi Whispering Earth and thank you for your lovely comment. I am glad you enjoyed your visit and look forward to welcoming you back. :)

renatabarillipainter said...

I love this. Very delicate. Brava

Sketchbook Squirrel said...

I am glad you like it Renata. It took more time than I had expected and was fraught with near disaster!!!Got there in the end.

Jessica Rosemary Shepherd said...

Jarnie - I have decided that I'd like to nominate this painting for Making a Mark blog awards 2012 - would you mind? email me back... mail@inkyleaves.com