Monday, 16 April 2012

Five Days and Counting

Well, here we go again. There are just five days to go before seminar day. For me, the SBA DLDC seminar day will be the start of Course 8 and the countdown to the completion of my Diploma. At last! I feel like I have been stuck on hold for about a year and missed out on something by not finishing with Course 7.   

The time of course has not been wasted and I have been busy working on some new pieces and sketchbook up to date. Margaret Stevens, the Director of the course has put significant emphasis on the keeping of a good sketchbook and likes to have a sneak preview of progress at the seminar. Luckily she had a good browse through mine last year so I don't think I will be lugging it along this time around.

Seminar day is an opportunity to meet tutors and get a really good insight into their experience and techniques. A lot of advice and sharing goes on and then there is the exhibition! Lots of great work on show by some of the leading botanical artists.

But the real bonus is meeting fellow students. This year I am hoping to meet up with some fellow bloggers. Although how we will all recognise each other will all be a bit odd. "Pardon madam, I am not staring at your chest, I am trying to read your name badge". Ahem!! Quite!


What I mustn't forget.
Programme for the day, Invite to preview and
a little something to cheer up any outfit.
Oh yes! And a Birthday Card for my Mum.
Happy Birthday Mum xx
Oops! Must not forget my own name badge! 

4 comments:

Debbie Nolan said...

Your botanicals are so lovely - really admire the patience it takes to be so accurate in your drawing and painting.

Sketchbook Squirrel said...

Thanks Debbie that really is kind of you. Getting back into the course at the SBA will hopefully help me to improve.

Jessica Rosemary Shepherd said...

Looking forward to meeting you. I will be in the exhibition from 4pm on Saturday hopefully. I hope you have a great day.

Sketchbook Squirrel said...

Hi Jess. It will be really good to see you too. Good luck with the presentation evening.