Monday, 30 April 2012

Flowers on my Furniture

Yesterday I had a bit of a tidy up and move about of the furniture in my spare bedroom. With Mum and Dad coming for a visit at the end of the week there is always a bit of a rush to spruce the place up a bit. Not that they are particularly picky but you know what it's like.

This little bench is one of my favourite pieces of furniture. It is a one off piece bought from a shop called Batavia during a holiday in Dunkeld, Scotland and brought back home in the boot of the car, (along with everything else). We had no idea where to put it but the price was a bargain and I knew I had to have it. It is not very old at all and was made in Indonesia by a collective who make things out of a native hardwood and export to the UK. 

A frantic journey home, but here all in one piece.

Of course for me it was the tactile little details that really won me over. The simple hand carved floral motifs really are so pretty but not too over the top on this little piece. It sits at the bottom of the bed against the chimney wall and provides a nice change to the usual sort of thing. As an added bonus, the seat lifts up so is a great place for storing some of 'husbands' stuff.



It's those little details...



...that make all the difference


   

2 comments:

Debbie Nolan said...

Love your bench - the flowers are what would attract me as well. Hope you enjoy your parent's visit. Have fun and God Bless.

Sketchbook Squirrel said...

Thanks Debbie, we are nice and sorted here now so I am happy.