Tuesday, 24 April 2012

The Network Juggernaut that is...Facebook!

Well, there it is, I have gone and joined Facebook! And about time too some of you might say. For ages I resisted the urge to put myself onto the ultimate networking tool for fear of past misdemeanours catching up with me, (truthfully, I just couldn't be bothered). However, for weeks many of my fellow bloggers have continued to ask, 'why aren't you on Facebook? Come and join us at the SBA forum', I felt such a neanderthal! This weekend at the SBA Seminar, I gave in.

So, after much techie assistance from my 'IT and Business Manager', (in other words 'Husband') Sketchbook Squirrel is now a small addition to the Facebook empire. And here it is as a rather handy shortcut addition to my blog. At least I can now keep up with all the goings on in the lives of my fellow bloggers and SBA chums, and share with you more of what I get up to. We are certainly a large and varied band at the SBA so joining the botanical art forums will be good fun and there will be plenty to talk about. So, I'm going in, wish me luck!

Next on the agenda, a spanking new Etsy shop for my prints and other floral works and then? Perhaps Twitter! Then again, that might be a tad too much. So watch this space... Oh yes and I now have a profile pic, a Bleeding Heart. I ask you, what was I thinking. Ah well, it will do for now.


My profile picture on blog and Facebook


5 comments:

Barbra Joan said...

Well Congrats on your Facebook 'coming out'.
I tried the FB thing and I'm much to computer challenged, after 2 years I knew I didn't 'get it' LOL . good luck with it and I for one will still be coming to the good old fashioned blog.. .. hugs BJ

JANE MINTER said...

following you on FB ...have a look at networked blogs for blog post / FB..thanks for your kind comment on my iris .

Sketchbook Squirrel said...

Thanks BJ. I don't really 'get it' either but I am willing to give it a go. x

Thanks for 'liking' my FB page Jane but you will have to be patient with me while I get the hang of it. x

Jessica Rosemary Shepherd said...

I'm glad you are on FB!

Sketchbook Squirrel said...

Thanks Jess, but it takes some getting used to.