Sunday, 22 April 2012

Seminar Day and Tired Feet!!

This weekend saw me heading up the motorway to London. Yes it was the SBA Annual Exhibition at Westminster Central Hall and, more importantly for me, the diploma course seminar. A chance to 'pick the brains' of the experts should never be missed and as I had the opportunity to go twice, the seminar was an absolute must.

Lots of the tutors were there and, although Course 8 is a large cohort, the hall was not too full. The morning started at 10.00 and from the word go it was tours and practical advice all the way. Luckily there is always a good lunch and enough tea to keep everyone smiling. It is a pretty long day though, especially if like me, you like to get as much out of it as possible.

The bit that really made the day was getting to the exhibition and meeting fellow Bloggers Vicki and Jess. Like Vicky, lots of the students are from overseas so you get to chat to people from as far afield as New Zealand or as near to you as just down the road. New acquaintances made with a whole new bunch of people, my email will be red hot.


A pair of aching feet after a long hard day


Happiness is a large cup of tea... 


...and a view of Mum and Dad's garden after the rain

There is so much to take in that the day flies by and with a notebook full of scribblings, there will be plenty of reflection over the coming days.  Thanks to all who made the day such a good one, I had such a laugh. Particular thanks go to Theresa S and Gail F. Keep in touch gals.



4 comments:

Jessica Rosemary Shepherd said...

Well hello there! It's was absolutely splendid to meet you Yesterday Jarnie! You're so much fun and have a great sense of humour. I hope those tootsies don't ache too much. Mine are also pretty sore as I forgot to pack my flats for the weekend. Stayed at Henry's you see ( no tubes to kew) so my feet are also in need of some TLC :( still it was a fab weekend. Keep in touch and the good work.

Sketchbook Squirrel said...

Hi Jess. It was fabulous to meet you too. You're great company and fun to be with, just a pity we had so little time. I was meeting 'husband' at the station, so had to dash off. Perhaps in future we could catch an exhibition together?

Claire said...

Sounds like a fab day, would love to have gone too to meet everyone and see the exhibition.
Brought back lots of memories from when I did the course x

Sketchbook Squirrel said...

Hi Claire. I am sure there will be lots of happy memories for those who travelled from far and wide.