Thursday, 10 May 2012

Proofs!!

Today the proof copies of the two paintings I sent to the printers have arrived. Rhododendron cilpinense is my early graphite assignment and 'Go for it Greens', as it is now being called is a mixed garden vegetable study. Mum really liked them both when I painted them, and as it was her birthday a few weeks ago, the first prints will be a present for her.  

Although smaller than the eventual A3, the detail on these samples is really sharp and I am amazed that so much of the subtle colour changes have not been lost. After looking at loads of paper samples, I was torn between two, Hahnemule Photo Rag and Somerset Enhanced Velvet. Photo Rag is slightly thicker and smoother than the velvet but I loved the texture of the latter, so that's what I have gone for. The real bonus of printing is that if I change my mind, I can always get another one done.

Of course, these prints are the first of hopefully many that will go on sale. 



After approval is print time! 


  

2 comments:

Claire said...

The prints look really good,love the greens especially.Who was the printer?
I use Hahnemuele photo rag.

Sketchbook Squirrel said...

I think I went for the Somerset because it's easy to spell, Hahnemuele is such a mouthful. The Dot Foundry did the printing. They are in Wales, so handy for you! :)