Wednesday, 2 May 2012

A Touch of Magic

Well now, have you got yours yet? Yes I mean 'the magic eraser', that little block of nothing that seems to do so much. Recently, at the SBA seminar there was much buzz about this little miracle product and everyone I spoke to had various stories about how they had been introduced to it, ( I came across it some years ago, from a blog of all places, although Billy Showell also mentions it in one of her books, Vegetable Portraits I think). So, just in case you have no idea what this thing is and have not yet been introduced to its rather interesting artistic qualities, here for your delectation is a new one of mine...


There are, of course other brands of magic eraser out there,
but just look at that wonderfully kitsch packaging.
Who could resist? 


Do exactly what it says on the box to 'erase' marks off walls, tiles, trainers (really!), baths, sinks...oh yes and watercolour paper! Who would have thought that something that resembles a big white lump of sponge could get those really annoying mistakes and drops of paint off your work without seriously damaging the surface, (although I find it is best used in places where you don't want to paint later as it does 'raise' slightly). Just like magic?


3 comments:

Debbie Nolan said...

Jarnie thanks for sharing - hope we have that product in the US - I will have to look for it at the market. Have a great day. God Bless

Jessica Rosemary Shepherd said...

This stuff is amazing... a true product of wonder and astonishment. I have only used it on one piece - Milly the Miltoniopsis - and it did the trick. I was able to remove greens and reds I didn't want and then I painted over the area with several wet washes of purples and burgundy-reds. All of it worked out fine. Phew!

Sketchbook Squirrel said...

I haven't been brave enough to use paint over an area once I have used the eraser. I will certainly give it a go now.