Thursday, 23 August 2012

It's My Birthday!

Happy Birthday to Sketchbook Squirrel, One today! Yes, it really has been one year since I started blogging and I cannot quite believe how my little spot has taken off. Started as a bit of fun to get me over the boredom of recovering from an operation, Squirrel has become part of everyday life.

To begin with, I thought that sharing the trials and tribulations of my progress throught the SBA Botanical Painting Diploma would be of little interest to the wider world, I was a bit wrong there. At this point, just over 9000 of you have tuned in to see what I have been getting up to.

Of course, as well as the painting side of things, absolutely everything has had a mention here. Patchwork, architecture, gardening, knitting, books I read, photos, the antics of 'husband' just about anything has been included. It has been a busy year, and now that we have had the first one, roll on the next!

Many thanks to all of you who have been by for a fleeting glimpse, a daily coffee break peek and those of you who have stumbled upon me whilst looking for ironing boards! Special thanks must of course go to those of you who have been with me since the very beginning, Renata with the first comment, Jess who became my first follower, Vicki who always has a kind word, Claire and many more of you out there, thank you for your continued support.   


 
I promised cake, here is my Mum's, 'Most Excellent Chocolate Cake' with Dad's homemade Blackberry jam and cream, yummy! As you can see, the celebrations got going a little earlier, but I couldn't wait!     

12 comments:

Vicki Lee Johnston said...

Happy Birthday Sketchbook Squirrel!
So good to see a fellow botanical art blogger .... and SBA student!
No doubt the next seven months will have a lot to say ... already feeling the pressure :)
Well done Jarnie xx

Claire said...

Happy Blogday Jarnie xxxx Doesn't time fly! Hope all is going well with ass 11 xxxx

Sketchbook Squirrel said...

Hi Vicki, thanks for dropping by. Pressure! Ha I laugh in it's face! Actually I am feeling a tad warm about this latest assignment. The hardest one yet. x Best wishes for your efforts.

Hi Claire, so far so good. cannot quite believe it has been a year. x

MILLY said...

The cake looks so yummy. Well a whole year blogging , congratulations. And good luck with your Etsy shop.

Hope all is going well with your assignments, lots of interesting plants in the garden at this time of he year , seed heads and berries. Happy painting.

Ana Benedicta said...

Well done for sticking with it for a year. Congratulations and Happy Birthday - don't eat all the gorgeous cake at once! Ana x

Debbie Nolan said...

Wow Jarnie - happy birthday to your blog - could really use a piece of the delicious looking cake. Thanks so much for all you have shared. I have certainly enjoyed seeing all your lovely botanicals. Have a great week-end.

Sketchbook Squirrel said...

Hi Debbie, thanks so much for your comments. Glad you enjoy your visits. Gardening and more painting this weekend. x

Sketchbook Squirrel said...

Oh yes, and I am having a go at making some raspberry jam. xx

Hedera said...

I always enjoy reading your funny, interesting posts Jarnie. Happy First Birthday! :)

Sketchbook Squirrel said...

Good to hear from you Hedera. Glad you enjoy the blog. Best Wishes x

Jessica Rosemary Shepherd said...

Happy birthday Sketchbook Squirrel - GOD that cake looks scrumptious! Well done Jarnie - this is a fabulous blog and I love seeing what you have been busy creating. I had no idea that I was your first follower - thanks for the mention :) May your next year be full of exciting creations and happiness x

Sketchbook Squirrel said...

I remember thinking, thank God someone is out there! Thanks for the boost!