Saturday, 22 September 2012

Sammy and Lucy Hit the Road!

Goodness me! Am I glad that my last piece is finally finished and winging it's way to my tutor for marking. This one has been a real epic, and with an irksome delay in the middle, it has taken rather longer than I had hoped. Still, it's done now and I am actually quite pleased with it.
The final bits and bobs on these sorts of paintings always seem to take ages to do. There is always neatening up of edges, fine tuning the veining, adding a bit more depth here and there, the list goes on. The trick is to know when to stop! So here it is, in all it's romantic glory...

Initially, I had wanted to add a few rose hips here and there, but on reflection left them out. This might sound funny, but I didn't want to go overboard!


Hurrah!! Finished at last.
Sammy and Lucy are on their merry way.
Of course with this one done, it's straight on with the next. The next one will be a straightforward, classic mixed arrangement. Classic yes, straightforward. Probably not. Already, thoughts of what to include and what colours go with what, flower shape and size, oh here we go again with those endless lists.

2 comments:

Debbie Nolan said...

Dear - this certainly is gorgeous and romantic. Your eye for detail is amazing. Good luck with your next piece.

Sketchbook Squirrel said...

Thanks Debbie, this one was a lot of fun, I enjoyed it a lot. The next one will be a bit more traditional.