Thursday, 27 September 2012

The Perils of Pondering, (and a new pink)!

Regular readers will know by now that I am something of a ponderer. This is not always a good thing as it can stop me from just getting stuck in. To be honest, I never used to be this bad. Yes, when it comes to the expensive or 'big' decisions in life it is generally a good thing to have a little think about it before taking the plunge, but painting! Come on, it can't be that big a decision, but it would appear it is. The bigger the piece, the harder it is to decide on what to do. 
 
 
Looking for inspiration.
Some of the photos taken for the last piece. 


Colour chart for Opera Rose.
Haven't used this particular pink much yet.
Perhaps this time might just give me the opportunity

Luckily I do have some thoughts for this so all is not lost. Would really like to use Opera Rose though. Bright pink lilies would be good along with blues or purples and something lusciously green, Euphorbia maybe.

 

3 comments:

Debbie Nolan said...

Dear Jarnie - I know your ponderings will lead you to the right plant and colors (I think Opera Rose would be a wonderful color)- have a great day!

Janene said...

I am doing a lot of pondering too these days. It looks like you are collecting some good ideas for assign. 12, then on to the final stretch!

Sketchbook Squirrel said...

Hi Debbie. yes, I am really excited to use this new pink, so you never know!

Hi Janene. Gosh I do need to be getting on with this one. Finally made my mind up and will go with bright pink Corn Lilies, and Orchid and a lovely selection of ivy.