Saturday, 17 November 2012

On the Road Again!

Yes, you guessed it, Sammy and Lucy are up to their tricks again and are off once more on a spiffing adventure. This time, they are off to see a nice man in London, who is going to treat them like royalty, take their picture, buff then up a bit to make them look their best before sending them home.
Oh yes, it's printing time again, getting ready in time for Valentine's Day. There have been so many wonderful compliments and requests for this piece, that I have decided to make it into a card and Limted Edition print, available soon through Etsy. Of course 'Husband' will get one, whether he likes it or not! And then they will be let loose, spreading romance and happiness.  
At this point I think I can also come clean about a little surprise I have been bottling up for ages, but is just busting to come out. Although I had many reservations about how well my card design would do, my tutor Margaret, who is also the Director of the SBA Diploma Course, liked it so much she has asked for it to be put into the annual SBA exhibition in London next year. At the time I kept it to myself, only telling a few friends as I didn't really want to appear to be boasting. The course is so difficult and many of us have had real difficulties and tears over our work, the last thing you need is some hot shot going on about how much success they have had. Of course you are happy for them, but inside you are tearing your heart out with your own disappointement. That's art for you!
Off to London
The adventure starts here!
   
  
  

4 comments:

JANE MINTER said...

it's a beautiful design ! congratulations for having your card design selected for the exhibition

Sketchbook Squirrel said...

Thanks Jane, it's my first one too.

Tracy Hall said...

I agree, jarnie, its a lovely piece and really exciting news about your card for the SBA show!! Well done you!

Sketchbook Squirrel said...

Thank you so much for the lovely compliment Tracy.