Thursday, 15 November 2012

Pink Panic Thursday

Nearly through the final full week of painting and I am now officially having a bit of a panic, not massive but just a little frisson of discomfort. The lilies are taking so much longer than I had expected, with the layers of colour and small details all painstakingly slow to dry. And there is still the ivy to go. These 'bigger' assignments have been really traumatic as there is so much more going on in them, and there is the expectation that you will 'up the challenge' on your skills each time. You would think that nearly two months would be more than enough time, but trust me, it goes like the wind!

Anyway, ploughing on through, and I must say, panic aside, it's not looking too bad. Perhaps not quite my best work ever, but this piece has certainly got the sort of look I was intending, which is a bonus. Going for a different composition is always a bit of a gamble, and there were times when I thought I had really overdone it this time. Now, I am quite pleased to have taken the gamble. Certainly one to keep in mind for future works.

Just some more of the foliage to go and I'm there! Should be in the post by Tuesday with any luck.


Progress thus far.
A weekend amongst the brushes ahead



    

3 comments:

Vicki Lee Johnston said...

Well done Jarnie, it's coming along nicely - your washes are lovely. It is so much work ... quite exhausting really - planning the composition alone took so much effort.
Once painting it feels like you're on your way but every element requires different colours, techniques etc.
I have learnt a lot from this one but had some pretty tense moments.
Happy to send mine off and breathe ...

Debbie Nolan said...

OH Jarni - this is looking lovely...I know you will finish in time. Take care my friend and have a wonderful day.

Sketchbook Squirrel said...

Thanks Vicki. Yes, this one has taken ages to do I am a bit worried about the portfolio pieces. I will be happy to see the back of this one. x

Thank you Debbie. It's exhausting stuff but I am hopeful!x