Monday, 3 December 2012

Alternative Alliums

Erm, confession time again, I have changed my mind, again. After completing some initial sketches and idea thumbnails, the red onions were not really floating my boat, or working well as a group, (naughty onions!). So, after some thought, I have changed the composition and some elements.
Keeping with the allium theme, and still putting an onion into the composition, I am currently working with some leeks. The range of textures and colours are looking good together and the 'fan' of  leaves on the leek give weight to the scheme. These veggies seem to be working better together, and I have got the layout already sorted. Working back from the submission date, and taking a short Christmas break into consideration, I will have just over three weeks to get this one out of the way. Better get started then...


A really quick sketch of a white onion.
Some of the composition ideas

Those thumbnails came in handy again. When in doubt, get a cuppa, a notebook and a pencil and hammer out some ideas. Just anything that comes, go for it and the answer will present itself.


1 comment:

Debbie Nolan said...

Dear Jarnie - this looks good for a quick sketch. Thanks for sharing. Have a great week!