Thursday, 20 December 2012

Apocalypse, Now?

According to the Mayans, the end of the world is due on Friday, at midnight to be precise. Now this post is not going to go into the ins and outs of, 'End of Days' predictions and philosophies, (although Nostradamus had a lot to say on the subject and had something of a knack for these things, although not so much on Lottery numbers!), all I will say is that it will be dashed inconvenient and will rather put a dampner on my plans for Christmas. Although, thinking about it, 'Husband' is something of a Ray Mears survivalist and would rather relish the idea of testing his skills.

Friday will however see the start of, 'Husband's' seasonal break from work, and therefore, for us at least, the start of Christmas. This year is extra special as we will be celebrating with the whole family, the first time in a good few years. At this point I would like to pass on a warm Merry Christmas message to my fabulous uncle Michael, (who, rumour has it, does occasionally tune in) who will be escaping on his annual exodus to Paris. Good on you Michael, and have a good one! 
 
Of course for me, painting will have to take a major role, and although I will get to have a couple of drinkies and a mince pie here and there, that darn onion must be finished! Already, I am thinking on the next one, so the sketchbook will not be too far away. Now, should I tackle the dissections or the mixed study? Hmmm, perhaps I will ponder that one over a Sloe Gin and tonic and a mince pie.



Portfolio: Check
Sketchbook: Check
Paper: Check
Kit: Check
All present and correct and ready to go.
 
 
 
 

2 comments:

Sarah Morrish said...

Hi Jarnie, really looking forward to seeing your finished works of art!

With all good wishes for a happy 'painterly' Christmas x

Sketchbook Squirrel said...

Hi Sarah, yes I am looking forward to seeing them too!
Wishing you a glorious Christmas too. x