Monday, 10 December 2012

Beware The Arctic Blast!

"Colder than the North Pole". As quoted last Friday by a presenter on Radio 4's Today programme. No kidding! It's blooming freezing here, luckily the wood burner is performing a supremely sterling service, chugging away keeping me toasty warm. As a housewarming (quite literally) gift from my ever generous parents, our wood burner takes some beating. After years in cold flats, it makes a gorgeous change and I love it. If ever we move, I'm taking it with me!

With the wrapping all finished, the cake made and lots of 'festive fare', (including a sneaky bottle of Sloe Gin) tucked away in the cupboard, 'Husband' and I are pretty sorted for the 'Christmas Lockdown'. Not that the holiday is a riotous affair. With just the two of us, Christmas is usually just an excuse to sit, do very little and eat quite a lot. However, this year we will be joining the rest of my little troupe in London, (and that includes the neighbour's cat, who appears to have taken up residence!).

With the veggie study in full swing and two more to go, work can never really be that far away, so the sketchbooks, paints and general botanical paraphernalia will also have to make the trip up the motorway. Hmmm, I wonder what's looking good in Dad's garden? Ah well, no rest for the wicked.


Starting to get down to the nitty-gritty of detail 

2 comments:

Debbie Nolan said...

Jarnie - woodburners are wonderful - we fire ours up once winter really settles in - makes the house so cozy - sounds like you are going to have a wonderful Christmas. Thanks for always sharing your art - you are so talented and I truly enjoy seeing your detailed botanicals. Merry Christmas!

Sketchbook Squirrel said...

Debbie, you are so wonderfully supportive and I love reading all of you comments. Glad you will be keeping toasty warm as the winter gets going. Wishing you a gorgeous Christmas. x