Thursday, 6 December 2012

It's That Time of Year Again

At this time of year I am reminded of how quickly ordinary people turn into major tacticians, with lists, plans and even suitcases on wheels to do their gift shopping! Scary stuff on the high street I can tell you.

It gets worse too. Some years ago I was standing in the checkout queue at Marks and Spencer when my Mum became aware of two men acting strangely behind me. At any other time of the year this would seem sinister, so what were they doing? Well, one of them was buying a slinky nightdress as a gift for his wife and was using my back and height for measurements, apparently we were of a similar size. Ask her next time, silly!  
 
As with last year, the knitted reindeer are making a comeback. Yes, they're back! This time, 'Brother Dearest' would like one for his girlfriend to decorate their little flat, and I am happy to oblige. Mum and Dad already have theirs standing in the porch, welcoming visitors, and of course, postie. By this time next year, I should have a fair sized herd!


Can you guess what it is yet?
Rudolph takes refuge in the wood basket.
The rest of him is still in production!
 
A handmade Christmas always feels a little bit special, with care, thought and quite often blood, sweat and tears in every little offering. So, my family can expect homemade 'Squirrel' items of every description under the tree this year. However, I think I will give the hand stamped wrapping paper a miss. Good luck with any festive preparations you may be undertaking yourself.

 

No comments: