Friday, 22 February 2013

Bad Timing

With just days to go before the end of the dreaded deadline, I have a cold. Oh yes, just at the worst time, I go down with a rotten cold that stops me in my tracks. After so nearly completing all three pieces, I had hoped to use the last few days checking over every inch to maker sure all edges, details and labelling was present and correct. However, with a raging headache, streaming nose and eyes, constant sneezing  and shivering, aching limbs there's no chance I am going anywhere near my pristine paper and risking a last minute disaster. 
At least there isn't much left to do now. Just some work on the roots and a little more contrast on the dissections for this one. The vegetable study could do with a little re-touching on the roots but I think the mixed study is good to go. With that one, I think the assessor will either love it or hate it, you never know who you're going to get or how your work will be received. It's just the way it goes.  
So nearly there!

Just those roots to do.
Never neglect your roots!


All packed and ready to go, the rest of the portfolio

4 comments:

Jessica Rosemary Shepherd said...

Love the composition of the Irises Jarnie - so unusual, but it works very well on the page. So sorry to hear that you are unwell :( that's rotten luck. It's probably after all this hard work! I am sure you'll get an amazing mark regardless! Now go to bed and have a cuppa and watch some day time TV :)

Claire said...

Hope you feel better soon,
thoses Irises are beautifully captured. Love the composition too ,well done x

Sketchbook Squirrel said...

Ha, ha, Jess, how did you guess! That guilty pleasure of some trashy, daytime telly with endless cups of hot chocolate and tea. Those roots will still have to be done though.:)

Thanks Claire, that means a lot as I know you did a super job with iris for your portfolio. x

Janene said...

Your iris is looking wonderful and you are almost there! I hope you feel well enough to finish up according to your satisfaction...then hopefully you can rest and relax for awhile!! I am working on my illustration too.