Friday, 8 February 2013

Brushes Please! (But it's not what you think!)

So, now that 2013 is well and truly underway, the time has come to take the plunge and start to get myself properly organised. With so much work being done in the spare room, the place has become a bit of a disaster zone with bits of this and that and dead flowers hanging about, and all those books. It seems that whenever I find something to paint, shove it in some water and it begins to sprout, I think, "hang on, if I just take a cutting and put it in some soil, it might grow". Poor long suffering 'Husband' is beginning to despair at my ever-growing collection of little pots. Anyway, my little room is looking a bit tired, and with the last piece in the epic portfolio jigsaw nearly finished, it is time for a change. So, out goes the art equipment and in comes rollers, paint  and ladders. It's decorating time!
 
Flower overload
Even the calender has got them!


It's just all getting a bit busy in here.

 
The new plans progress with the inclusion of my new page on Botanical Artists, a couple of sales, (whoopee!!)  and thoughts turning to getting back into tutoring. As a teacher, it will be nice to use the old skills, get back into harness, (so to speak) and share my experience with others while helping them to meet their potential and enjoy the world of botanical art as much as I do.
 
In some ways, the end of the course will be a bittersweet experience. On one hand, there will be no more deadlines, demands and the ever painful wait for assessment results, but also the feeling of, "what on earth do I do now?". The experience of past students tells me to just keep going and aim for the next challenge. What's that then? Well, once I get my studio back after it's much needed attention, we will have to wait and see.

 
 
        

1 comment:

Julie Whelan DipSBA Botanical Artist said...

Good luck with your final piece...Also Ihope hope your studio looks super cool after it's facelift! X