Monday, 25 February 2013

Exit, (pursued by a bear?)

Oh my goodness me! Sorry for the exclamation but with my cold finally abating, the last brushstroke has been swept and that's it, exit my SBA Diploma Portfolio! Now that the end is really here, it doesn't seem quite right, surely there is something else that needs to be done? But no, as they say, it's now in the lap of the gods to decide how well my work is received and what mark I will end up with. Like for so many others, for me the agonising wait begins.

They're on their way!
It's all up to you now, go get 'em.

It's in the bag!
Well, the sketchbooks are anyway.
Being optimistic about it all leads me to begin thoughts of my next project. Of course, there is plenty to do in the garden. A new plan for a rose bed, mixed border and vegetable patch are all on the drawing board, along with the 'big' project of renovating our grand pavilion of a shed. At the moment it is all a bit sluggish in the midsection as the roof needs 'hoisting' up and straightening out. It really needs completely rebuilding, but we will try to use as much of the original as we can as it dates back to the 1930's and feels like part of the house.
Keeping busy is the best way for me not to dwell on the marks I will get for my portfolio, and I will be happy to get a Credit for my efforts. So, I will take a moment to sit with a fresh new sketchbook, a nice sharp pencil, a cup of tea at the ready and let the ideas flow. The future holds lots of exciting expectation, bring it on!

Now for a bit of tidying up

What's next for you, old friend?
P.S. Just in case you were wondering, the title of the post comes from one of the best known Shakespearean theatre directions from The Winter's Tale. Alas it all ends rather badly with the offstage death of Antigonus by said bear. Never mind, I love a bit of drama!
   

5 comments:

Vicki Lee Johnston said...

Well done Jarnie!
Quite a journey but nice to Know it's on its way.
Good luck :)

Gexton said...

awesome! It's true haven't seen you put much painting up here in a while, but really

sweet!
painters edmonton

painting contractor edmonton

Sketchbook Squirrel said...

Thanks Vicki, yes it's been somewhat of a trial but I think everyone will have had their moments. Glad it's all finished.

Thanks Gexton, no not many pics lately but you can have too much of a good thing. Ha, ha.

Tracy Hall said...

Well done Jarnie! I think it's an achievement in itself to complete the course and it's been fascinating to watch it progress on your blog. Best of luck with it and also in whatever you do next!

Sketchbook Squirrel said...

Thank you Tracy it has certainly been a long haul. Now the hard work really begins, ha, ha.