Thursday, 21 March 2013

Off the 'To Do' List

Now that I am not painting all the time, I can get on with some of those jobs I have been meaning to do but haven't had the time to get done. This week I finally got round to shortening a couple of necklaces. Both of these were bought in Scotland during one of our annual family jaunts to 'The North', and both were far too long but lovely and a must have purchase. So, with pliers in hand, job done! Now what to wear them with?

My painting desk is useful for many tasks

The local cat refuge has a shop in our town and they have been receiving a steady flow of stuff from Squirrel HQ. Hanging on to never worn or never used 'stuff' is not a good idea and my poor little spare room/studio is bursting at the seams with all the detritus of life that we never seem to get round to getting rid of. Four bag loads later, one for the bin, one for the dump and two for the charity shop, I am finally getting somewhere.


Feeling virtuous.
Finally, I have got round to selecting some more pieces for my Open House Art gallery. A couple of my landscape pieces were in an exhibition some years ago and are always commented on when people visit the house. Painted in a looser style, these pieces are from when I was painting with a more impressionistic style and before I even thought about moving onto botanical illustration.



An old favourite, now a print

Not being one for blowing my own trumpet, I don't have too many of my own pieces on the walls at home, (much to 'Husband's annoyance) but these ones made it as far as the hallway! There is a short print edition now available on really lovely Hahnemuhle watercolour paper and all ready for framing.
  

4 comments:

Claire said...

I love your landscape,wish I could paint freer, can't do it!!

Sketchbook Squirrel said...

Thanks Claire. This one is quite old now and I haven't had much chance to do more landscape. It was quite hard to do as I like details. x

Jessica Rosemary Shepherd said...

Lovely landscape. What size is it? So free and full of movement.

Sketchbook Squirrel said...

Thanks Jess, glad you like it. The painting is on A3 Not paper and was done when I was in my 'skies' phase.x