Monday, 4 March 2013

The Re-Found Florals

Well now, it still feels very odd to have so much time on my hands. With the completion of my course and the wait for the results, I have given the drawing board a bit of a wide berth recently and have found other things to get on with. Since moving in to our new house, 'husband' and I really haven't had much time to do anything to it. The walls are still the same colour and there is much that could be smartened up and made a bit more 'us'. With this in mind we have made a start on clearing out some of our old stuff and making new discoveries of things from the past.
 
Over the weekend, whilst clearing out an old wardrobe I found some of the tapestries I had completed some years ago, when I enjoyed doing a lot of needlework. To be honest, I had forgotten all about them but now think I should knock out some rather smart cushions for our conservatory. Being something of a magpie, I love to collect fabric remnants, ribbons, buttons and all manner of notions so there will be plenty to choose from in my stash. There are also some rather splendid lace curtain panels that just need some heading tape. Now these might look nice simply hung in our spare bedroom to make it a bit more homely.



Hellebores, holly, ivy and speckled 'snowy' background
give this design a festive feel. 


Roses are always popular in needlework.


This one is my favourite.
Here a Moroccan inspired tile design frame the central roses
 


 

No comments: