Wednesday, 12 June 2013

Off and Running

It feels really good to be painting again. After a bit of a break, that at times felt like it had gone on too long, I finally settled on a subject that wouldn't be affected by the weather, and off we went. Falling into the same pattern of work that has become so familiar to me, with sketchbook studies, colour notes and try outs for the composition, the Calla Lily study is taking shape.

 
Nearly there with the blooms.
 
 
It's bramble time again
My second option for the Irish Botanical Alphabet project. 

The first piece since completing the course is an exciting but daunting prospect, but I feel that I am on the edge of something truly wonderful. There is so much that I want to do with so many new ideas and opportunities coming my way, I am quite overwhelmed, and busy. The key is to enjoy what you do, and just now, that is exactly what I am doing. Off and running. Now to get those six pieces ready for the SBA exhibition 2014.
 
Elsewhere, my two pieces for the Claregalway Botanical Art Expo are currently being framed, so I will have to wait about a week before I can see how they are getting along. Prints are also being made of 'Alternative Alliums', before heading out to new homes.  


'A Hogarth Curve'
Nearly ready for a public debut.
 
 
 

2 comments:

Laura Ashton said...

lovely Calla Lilies Jarnie!! I am really looking forward to being finishes and being able to paint at my leisure. Though I am enjoying the course.

Sketchbook Squirrel said...

Keep with it Laura, you'll get there.