Monday, 21 October 2013

Home is Where the Heart is

With the new beating heart of the house now in place, home is a happy place. In other words, the boiler is fabulous, and doing sterling work. Hurrah! Just in time too, as this weekend was an absolute wash out, with a thunderstorm on Sunday morning that caused a tornado just a couple of miles away. We thanked our lucky stars that no-one was out on the scaffolding that is currently enveloping our house. At this very moment, the guys are clunking away and dismantling it all now. No pics, health and safety you know.

So, with a lovely warm house, work is a much more comfortable prospect. Time for the new project and that great white expanse of paper that seems to fill artists with fear and dread. Writers block only with paintbrushes. Luckily I haven't experienced this yet, but I am certain that it is only a matter of time. As always, my problem is tying myself down to an actual decision. With so many new ideas buzzing around in my head, it's hard to make the, 'that's it' final choice of subject. Last time round it was pineapples!

When it comes to stuff around the house, or even buying a house, I am pretty decisive, but not with work. I had thought of putting the subject choice to the vote on Facebook. They are a sensible lot there and I am sure would come up with the right solution. If I don't come up with something before the end of the week, that's what I will do. There you see, I can make a work related decision.

Elsewhere, I have finally been reunited with the pictures I sent to Ireland for an exhibition in the summer.

Yes, it's these two again.
Just a bit of glass cleaning and we're all ready to go
(again). 

And there's a new book on the shelf too. This charming publication is full of watercolour illustrations, drawings and a season by season guide to what to see in the countryside. A whole cornucopia of wildlife loving, outdoorsy loveliness.  


Published by Bloomsbury,
do keep an eye out for this lovely book.

    

No comments: