Monday, 2 February 2015

Milestones

This may be a short post today, but it contains so many happy milestones for me, that I just had share, and to thank you all. 

Starting with my latest paintings, currently at the framers and all set and ready for the next SBA exhibition in April, this year is already getting busy.

At the framers

Next stop

It was also a happy delight to see that the blog, home to all of my musings and ramblings, has actually received it's 88,000th pageview. Really, you lot are truly wonderful, and your continued support is much appreciated. When I started Squirrel, it was just a small affair that didn't even register on Google and you really had to hunt it out to find it. But you did, and wow some of you have been with me since the very beginning. You lot are particularly in need of a medal for loyalty. Here's the best I can do for now...

...The Order of the Pink Radish
Awarded for loyalty, above and beyond.

You know who you are darlings.


Also, the website received it's largest number of daily visitors yesterday, and I was really pleased to see how many folk actually stuck around for a good browse. Another happy endorsement, as the website is all my own work. No agents or webmasters here darlings. 

My first homepage
  

As if all this splendour would be quite enough to make anyone giddy, I checked my account for the newsletter. Oh my goodness, in just a couple of days, the subscriptions here have also spiked to 98.It would seem that 'The Squirrel Archives' have gone down well. My goodness, I thought I had really gone into Squirrel overload there with that one, but you all seem to enjoy that too. Just lately, I have received some really lovely feedback and comments. It warms the heart I can tell you, (and we all need that just now. It's -2 out there!)  

Hello, good evening and welcome to all the new subscribers of the newsletter.

And all that is before I even start on the workshops. So, before I totally overboard, rest assured that although I will have a smile like a Cheshire Cat for most of the day, the serious business of getting on with the job will keep it 'business as usual' at Squirrel HQ. Thank you everyone. x



4 comments:

Dianne Sutherland said...

Great stuff Jarnie!

valerie greeley said...

Hello to you, your work is lovely.

Sketchbook Squirrel said...

Thank you Valerie :) x

Sketchbook Squirrel said...

Thank you Dianne, that means a lot :) x