Friday, 13 March 2015

"Get an I Phone!"

Just a quick missive today on progress thus far, (with a house full of builders, it's a trying time). For some reason, whenever I paint a bramble I start with the flowers. perhaps it's due to the daunting prospect the leaves can pose, but also it's nice to start with something that looks pretty. Or, maybe this quote has it right.


"Life without love is like a tree without blossoms or fruit."


-Khalil Gibran



A larger composition, but those flowers are still pretty small 

Picking out the fine details with a very small brush has kept things neat.

The use of a magnifying glass has been essential.
And once again, I went wt those stamens with a scalpel


Do you know, I said to someone the other day that I was having trouble with my Blackberry again. Her reply was, "get an I Phone!" Sigh


“Life was so simple when apples and blackberries were fruit, a tweet was the sound of nature, and facebooks were photo albums”


-Carl Henegan, Darkness left Undone



Nearly there

For the buds, a base mix of Cerulean and Lemon kept things fresh.
Perylene Maroon, cool Anthraquinoid Blue and more Lemon also beefed up the shading


2 comments:

Starr White said...

I have one and I barely know how to use it. I secretly wonder if it's smarter than I am.

Sketchbook Squirrel said...

Gone are the days when you make a call on one.