Wednesday, 26 August 2015

Leaf it Out!

Gosh, has it really been that long since my last blog post? I had no idea, and how quickly time flies. Well, things have been quite busy here with lots of new tech, (and the headaches that go with trying to fathom it all out), and I've been trying out some new compositions for future pieces. With the broadband changing over in the next few days, I'm really taking my chances trying to publish today, as the server keeps dropping off the face of the earth. Is anyone out there certainly comes to mind. 

With 'Husband' home for a couple of weeks, very little has been going on in the studio, but the house has had a bit of a makeover, with the bathroom finished and an assault on the garden. It's nice to have that quality time together, but blimey, it's terrible for getting any work done.


Having a bit of a play with the proportions

Time to clean up and get some vibrancy in the palette 


It's awful really, but I just had to check to see what it was I was actually talking about in the last blog post. Well, of course it was the peony, and in fact there was a dilemma on that one. To leaf or not to leaf was the question. The larger leaf that I had planned on looked a bit off and away to the rest of the composition, so indeed I decided to LEAF it out, (do feel free to have a groan at that one). Framing it will prove interesting no doubt.

And with the leaf.
Partially finished, but not sure to finish it  


Next up I feel like an injection of colour. It's been so cold and mightily grim here with so much rain that I feel I should draw up plans for a new ark, so it's time for some much needed vibrancy in the palette. I have some lovely photos I took earlier this year from the flowers I used for one of my classes, and as they were going over, I got some great shapes and forms.


"The best thing one can do when it's raining it to let it rain"

Henry Wadsworth Longfellow




Just going to get one going to see how it goes before I post here, but it does mean I get to use some of my gorgeous new M. Graham paints. Talking of paints, I was asked to give some new Maimeri Blu colours a go and although the palette was more suited to landscapes, and there were a couple of naughty cadmiums in there, I kept an open mind and gave them a go. More detail on my findings in the next post.  


I know these aren't exactly the zestiest of subjects but they are quite fun

Earthy browns and greens against my new bright blues, pinks and purples.
Oh and a new sunshine yellow 


No comments: