Monday, 29 February 2016

And the Award Goes to...

Me! (imagine sounds of corks popping) ha ha. After the long wait to see if my five paintings had been successfully accepted by the SBA selection panel this year, I am delighted to say that I have been successful this year, and I am now a full member of the SBA. Not quite an Oscar win, but in the botanical painting world, it's a pretty big deal. As you can imagine, it's a very happy start to the week, and I am very thankful for all the wonderful support I have received from friends and family.

Of course, it's not just me celebrating this particular milestone, and I have been delighted to see some of my dear friends also make the cut. It's lovely when everyone has a little something to celebrate, and although I had to miss the RHS exhibition this year, my congratulations also go out to those brave souls who put up such a fine display of work.

Elsewhere, I have been busy sorting out a trailer for the You Tube Channel. Not one for being in front of a camera, I had a cunning plan to avoid it, and let the paintings do the work. At least visitors to the channel will now have some idea what it's all about.  

Here's a quick recap of the eclectic mix of paintings from me that will be on display in Westminster this year


Fade to Grey - Tulip

Peony

Bramble Paradise

Gone Conker

Three Graces - Calla 

So, with that finger biting wait over with, and the first day of spring upon us, it's time to focus on the next thing on the 'to do' list. Keeping a number of balls in the air at any one time is tricky enough, but really bad if you can't juggle. Yep, I really can't juggle, but lucky for me paintings are just theoretical balls! Expect a number of blog posts on time management and the work / life balance soon. 




1 comment:

debbie crawford said...

Congrats Jarnie! A beautiful set of paintings! I'm really happy for you!